« ПредишнаНапред »
alive on earth. not what shall be on the mor
row. Jam. iv. 13, 14. Not making the Search the Scriptures. John holy Scriptures our v. 39. study.
Not asking in Ask, and it shall be given prayer for the as
Luke xi. 9. sistance of God's Holy Spirit.
Not loving God Thou shalt love the Lord thy above all things. God with all thy heart, and
with all thy soul, and with all
thy mind. Matt. xxii. 37. Loving this sinful Love not the world, neither world.
the things that are in the world.
1 John ii. 15. Not endeavouring
Keep thy heart with all dili
gence; for out of it are the thought and impu- issues of life. Prov. iv. 23. rity from our hearts.
Not being truly Giving thanks always for all thankful for all the things unto God and the Father mercies, temporal in the name of our Lord Jesus and spiritual vouch- Christ. Ephes. v. 20. safed unto us.
The Duties that we owe to God, as comprehended in the
First Table of the Decalogue, in transgressing any of which we sin against Him. 1. Thou shalt have none other gods but me.
2. Thou shalt not make to thyself any graven image, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down to them, nor worship them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, and visit the sins of the fathers upon the children, , unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, and show mercy unto thousands in them that love me and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain : for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his Name in vain.
4. Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath-day. Six days shalt thou labour and do all that thou hast to do; but the seventh is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God. In it thou shalt do no manner of work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy maid-servant, thy cattle and the stranger that is within thy gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day; wherefore the Lord blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it. The Duties which we owe to man, as comprehended in
the Second Table of the Decalogue, in transgressing any of which we sin against our neighbour.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt do no murder.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou s alt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his servant, nor his maid, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is his.
General Prayers for the Sick. Let the Curate instruct the sick person to make these
Prayers his own, by an earnest and humble AMEN at the end of every Prayer.
O Lord, who art very gracious, and full of compassion, slow to anger and of great mercy, open
eye and see the sad estate of this thy servant; bow down, O Lord, thine ear and hear our prayers in his behalf, and grant him all things needful both for soul and body; for the sake of Jesus Christ thine only Son our Lord. Amen.
Almighty God and merciful Father, the Lord of life and death, in whom we live and move and have our being, who desirest not the death of a sinner, but rather that he should turn from his sins and be saved, and hast promised to be reconciled to us in the death of thy Son; hear us, we humbly pray thee, for His sake, and grant to this thy servant that he may acknowledge his great unworthiness, confess and repent him of all his transgressions, and place his whole trust only in the merits and atonement of the same thy Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, that great and only rock of our salvation. Amen.
O Lord most powerful and good, have compassion, we pray thee, on this thy servant, and send him help now in the time of this his visitation; save him in every peril, defend him in all temptations, and grant him such health for his body, and present peace for his soul, as thou in thine Almighty wisdom seest best for his final good; for the sake of Jesus Christ thy Son our Lord. Amen.
O God of love, the only help in time of need, look down in greatest mercy upon this our brother, in whose behalf thy most dear Son was content to die ; pity his weak and helpless state, bestow on him every needful grace, make him patient in all his sickness, and resigned to suffer all thou thinkest meet; give him true repentance, fill him with lively hope, and stedfast faith, and perfect charity, and forgive him all his sins; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Almighty and most gracious Father, from whom, and from thy Son, the Holy Spirit doth proceed, look favourably upon this thy servant; and grant that the godly motions of the same thy Spirit may direct and rule his heart, teaching him all spiritual knowledge,