« ПредишнаНапред »
1. Book of private memoranda. General survey of the contents :
MEMORIÆ . . . . . . .
Ditto, Aug. 6 .
1. Abuses of informers upon penal laws
Commissioners appointed to prepare a scheme. Bacon's treatise
7. Bacon's book on the wisdom of the Ancients. Probable motive
for publishing it at this time. Modern views of the meaning
. . . 142
Liberty to treat granted (March 12).
Offer made by the Commons (March 26) . .
8. The King warns the Commons not to dispute his power to lay
impositions upon merchandises ; though willing to put a limit
Petition of Right presented, graciously received, and granted (May
24) . . . . . . . . . . . 184
2. Petition for the new founding of St. John's Hospital in Bedford.
7. New device for obtaining supplies. The Commons invited to a
conference (Nov. 14).