« ПредишнаНапред »
By RICHARD HURD, D.D.
LORD BISHOP OF WORCESTER.
WITH LARGE ADDITIONS, CHIEFLY UNPUBLISHED.
COLLECTED AND EDITED BY HENRY G. BOHN.
IN SIX VOLUMES.
G. BELL & SONS, LTD.
CONTENTS, VOL. III.
162. On Inconstancy and Irresolution
163. Disappointment in Love-Letter from Leonora-
164. Story of Theodosius and Constantia
165. Introduction of French Phrases in the History of the
166. Durability of Writing—Anecdote of an atheistical
169. On Good-nature, as the Effect of Constitution
171. Subjec. continued - Address to those who have jealous
173. Account of a Grinning-match
177. Good-nature, as a Moral Virtue
179. Various Dispositions of Readers-Account of a Whis-
181. Cruelty of Parents in the Affair of Marriage
183. On Fable-Fable of Pleasure and Pain .
184. Account of a remarkable Sleeper
185. Zeal-various Kinds of Zealots
189. Cruelty of Parents-Letter from a Father to his Son-
191. On the Whims of Lottery-Adventurers
198. Character of the Salamanders—Story of a Castilian
203. On Seducers, and their illicit Progeny-Letter from
205. Description of a Female Pander- Affected Method of
Psalm-singing-Erratum in the Paper on Drinking
207. Notions of the Heathens on Devotion
209. Simonides's Satire on Women
tire on Women
213. On habitual good Intentions
215. Education compared to Sculpture
219 Vanity of Honours and Titles