« ПредишнаНапред »
BOHN'S POPULAR LIBRARY-continued.
26-27. Emerson (R. W.). Works. With the text edited by GEORGE SAMPSON. Vol. III. Society and Solitude, Letters and Social Aims, Addresses. Vol. IV. Miscellaneous Pieces.
28-29. Fielding (Henry). Tom Jones.
30. Jameson (Mrs.). Shakespeare's Heroines. Characteristics of Women: Moral, Political, and Historical.
31. Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, The Thoughts of. Translated by GEORGE LONG, M.A. With an Essay on Marcus Aurelius by MATTHEW ARNOLD.
32. Mignet. History of the French Revolution, from 1789 to 1814.
Essays. Cotton's Translation. Revised by
W. C. HAZLITT. 3 vols.
36-38. Ranke. History of the Popes. Mrs. Foster's Translation. Revised by G. R. DENNIS.
39. Trollope (Anthony). The Warden. With an Introduction by FREDERIC HARRISON.
Small House at Allington. 2 vols.
The Last Chronicle of Barset.
47. Emerson (R. W.). Works. Edited by GEORGE SAMPSON. Vol. V. Poems.
48-49. Lane's Arabian Nights' Entertainments. Edited, with Introduction and Notes, by STANLEY LANE-POOLE, M.A., Litt. D. Vols. I. and II.
50. Plotinus, Select Works of. Translated from the Greek. 51. Five Essays by Lord Macaulay. From the Encyclopædia Britannica. Edited by R. H. GRETTON, M.A.
52. Hooper (G.). The Campaign of Sedan. New Edition. 53. Blake. Poetical Works.
54. Vaughan. Poetical Works.
55. Goethe. Faust. Revised Edition.
56-57. Trelawny. Adventures of a Younger Son. 2 vols. 58. Poushkin. Prose Tales. The Captain's Daughter-Doubrovsky-The Queen of Spades—An Âmateur Peasant GirlThe Shot-The Snowstorm-The Postmaster-The Coffin Maker -Kirdjali―The Egyptian Nights-Peter the Great's Negro. Translated by T. KEANE.
BOHN'S POPULAR LIBRARY-continued,
59-60. Manzoni. The Betrothed. 2 vols.
61-62. Lane's Arabian Nights' Entertainments.
Introduction, Notes and Appendices, by STANLEY LANE-POOLE,
63-64. Plutarch's Lives. With Notes and a Life. By A. STEwart, M.A., late Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge, and George LONG, M.A. Vols. I. and II.
Reprinted from the final (Fourth) Edition. With an Introduction by J. D. DUFF, M.A.
By H. A. J. MUNRO.
66. Essays and Stories by Edgar Allan Poe.
Edited by HARDRESS O'GRADY.
67. Selected Letters by Horace Walpole. Arranged and Edited by ALICE D. GREENWOOD.
68. Keats, The Poems of. With a Memoir by the late Lord
69. Cary's Dante. The Vision of Hell, Purgatory, and Paradise of Dante Aligheri. Translated by the Rev. H. F. CARY, M.A, New Edition by M. L. EGERTON-CASTLE. With Introduction, Chronological View of his Age, Additional Notes, and an Index of proper names.
70. More's Utopia. Robinson's Translation of the Utopia'; together with Roper's Life of Sir Thomas More' and More's Letters to Margaret Roper, and others. Edited with Notes by GEORGE SAMPSON, with an Introduction by A. GUTHKELCH, M.A. 71. Schopenhauer's Essays. Selected and Translated. With a Biographical Introduction and Sketch of his Philosophy, by E. BELFORT BAX, Author of 'Manual of the History of Philosophy.'
72. Coleridge's Lectures and Notes on Shakespeare and other English Poets, including Mr. Collier's Transcript of the Lectures of 1811 and the Bristol Lecturers of 1813, now first collected. By T. ASHE, B.A.
73. Washington Irving's Bracebridge Hall; or, Humorists.
74. Hawthorne's Transformation (The Marble Faun). 75-76. Smollet's Adventures of Roderick Random. Short Memoir and Bibliography. 2 vols
77-78. Fielding's Amelia. Roscoe's Edition revised.
79. Hauff's Tales. The Caravan-The Sheik of Alexandria—The Inn in the Spessart. Translated from the German by S. MENDEl.
10. Lessing's Laokoon, and the Representation of Death by the Ancients. Translated by E. C. BEASLEY and HELEN Edited by EDWARD BELL, M.A., Trinity College,
THE GREAT MASTERS
IN PAINTING AND SCULPTURE.
EDITED BY G. C. WILLIAMSON, LITT.D.
NEW AND CHEAPER REISSUE.
Post 8vo. With 40 Illustrations and Photogravure Frontispiece. 35. 6d. net each.
The following Volumes have been issued:
BOTTICELLI. By A. STREETER. 2nd Edition.
CORREGGIO. By SELWYN BRINTON, M.A. 2nd Edition.
DONATELLO. By HOPE REA. 2nd Edition.
FRANCIA. By GEORGE C. WILLIAMSON, Litt.D.
GAUDENZIO FERRARI. By ETHEL HALSEY.
GERARD DOU. By Dr. W. MARTIN. Translated by Clara Bell.
GIORGIONE. By HERBEBT Cook, M.A. 2nd Edition.
GIOTTO. By F. MASON Perkins. 2nd Edition.
FRANS HALS. By GERALD S. DAVIES, M.A.
LEONARDO DA VINCI. By EDWARD MCCURDY, M.A. 2nd Edition.
LUINI. By George C. WILLIAMSON, Litt.D. 3rd Edition.
MANTEGNA. By MAUD CRUTTWELL. 2nd Edition.
MEMLINC. By W. H. JAmes Weale. 2nd Edition.
MICHEL ANGELO. By Lord RONALD SUTHERLAND GOWER, M.A.,
PERUGINO. By G C. WILLIAMSON, Litt. D. 2nd Edition.
SIGNORELLI. By MAUD CRUTTWELL. 2nd Edition.
WILKIE. By Lord RONALD Sutherland GowER, M.A., F.S.A.
This excellent edition of the English classics, with their complete texts and scholarly introductions, are something very different from the cheap volumes of extracts which are just now so much too common.'-St. James's Gazette.
'An excellent series. Small, handy, and complete.'-Saturday Review.
HANDBOOKS OF ATHLETIC GAMES.
The best instruction on games and sports by the best authorities, at the lowest prices.'-Oxford Magazine.
Small 8vo. cloth, Illustrated. Price ls. each.
Cricket. By FRED C. HOLLAND.
Cycling. By H. H. GRIFFIN, L.A.C.,
THE CLUB SERIES OF CARD AND TABLE GAMES 'No well-regulated club or country house should be without this useful series of books.'-Globe. Small 8vo. cloth, Illustrated. Price 1s. each.