« ПредишнаНапред »
ECONOMICS AND FINANCE.
5 Volumes. (17. 2s. per set.)
GILBART'S History, Principles, and Practice of Banking. Revised to 1881 by A. S. Michie, of the Royal Bank of Scotland. Portrait of Gilbart. 2 vols. IOS. RICARDO on the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation. Edited by E. C. K. Gonner, M.A., Lecturer, University College, Liverpool. 55.
SMITH (Adam). The Wealth of Nations. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of. Edited by E. Belfort Bax. 2 vols. 75.
30 Volumes at Various Prices. (71. 135. per set.)
BLAIR'S Chronological Tables. Comprehending the Chronology and History of the World, from the Earliest Times to the Russian Treaty of Peace, April 1856. By J. W. Rosse. 800 pages.
DICTIONARY of Obsolete and Pro-
LIBRARY OF SPORTS AND
14 Volumes at 35. 6d. and 5s. each. (2l. 18s. per set.)
Handbooks of Athletic Sports. With numerous Illustrations. In 35. 6d. each.
Vol. I.-Cricket, by Hon. and Rev. E. Lyttelton Lawn Tennis, by H. W. W. Wilberforce; Tennis, Rackets, and Fives, by Julian Marshall, Major Spens, and J. A. Tait; Golf, by W. T. Linskill; Hockey, by F. S. Creswell.
Vol. II.-Rowing and Sculling, by W. B. Woodgate; Sailing, by E. F. Knight; Swimming, by M. and J. R. Cobbett.
Vol. III-Boxing, by R. G. AllansonWinn; Broad-sword and Single Stick, &c., by R. G. Allanson-Winn and C. PhillippsWolley: Wrestling, by Walter Armstrong; Fencing, by H. A. Colmore Dunn.
Vol. IV.-Rugby Football, by Harry Vassall; Association Football, by C. W. Alcock Baseball, by Newton Crane; Rounders, Field Ball, Baseball-Rounders, Bowls, Quoits, Curling, Skittles, &c., by J. M. Walker, M.A., and C. C. Mott.
Vol. V. Cycling and Athletics, by H. H. Griffin; Skating, by Douglas Adams.
Vol. VI.-Practical Horsemanship, including Riding for Ladies. By W. A. Kerr, V.C.
Vol. VII.-Driving, and Stable Managenent. By W. A. Kerr, V.C. [Preparing.
Vol. VIII.-Gymnastics, by A. F. Jenkin; Clubs and Dumb-bells, by G. T. B. Cobbett and A. F. Jenkin. [In the press.
BOHN'S Handbooks of Games. New Edition, entirely rewritten. 2 volumes. 3s. 6d. each.
Vol. I. TABLE GAMES.
Contents:-Billiards, with Pool, Pyramids, and Snooker, by Major-Gen. A. W. Drayson, F.R.A.S., with a preface by W. J. Peall-Bagatelle, by Berkeley'
Chess, by R. F. Green-Draughts, Backgammon, Dominoes, Solitaire, Reversi, Go Bang, Rouge et noir, Roulette, E.O., Hazard, Faro, by 'Berkeley.'
Vol. II. CARD GAMES.
Contents:-Whist, by Dr. William Pole, F.R.S., Author of 'The Philosophy of Whist, &c.'-Solo Whist, and Poker, by R. F. Green; Piquet, Ecarté, Euchre, Bézique, and Cribbage, by 'Berkeley;' Loo, Vingt-et-un, Napoleon, Newmarket, Rouge et Noir, Pope Joan, Speculation, &c. &c., by Baxter-Wray.
CHESS CONGRESS of 1862. A collection of the games played. Edited by J. Löwenthal. New edition, 5s. MORPHY'S Games of Chess, being the Matches and best Games played by the American Champion, with explanatory and analytical Notes by J. Löwenthal. With short Memoir and Portrait of Morphy. 55. STAUNTON'S Chess-Player's Handbook. A Popular and Scientific Introduction to the Game, with numerous Diagrams. 55.
Chess Praxis. A Supplement to the Chess-player's Handbook. Containing the most important modern Improvements in the Openings; Code of Chess Laws; and a Selection of Morphy's Games. Annotated. 636 pages. Diagrams. 5s.
Chess-Player's Companion. Comprising a Treatise on Odds, Collection of Match Games, including the French Match with M. St. Amant, and a Selection of Original Problems. Diagrams and Coloured Frontispiece. 5s.
Chess Tournament of 1851. A Collection of Games played at this celebrated assemblage. With Introduction and Notes. Numerous Diagrams. 55.
BOHN'S CHEAP SERIES.
Price 1s. each.
A Series of Complete Stories or Essays, mostly reprinted from Vols. in Bohn's Libraries, and neatly bound in stiff paper cover, with cut edges, suitable for Railway Reading.
CARPENTER (Dr. W. B.). Physiology of Temperance and Total Abstinence. EMERSON. England and English Characteristics. Lectures on the Race, Ability, Manners, Truth, Character, Wealth, Religion. &c. &c.
Nature: An Essay. To which are added Orations, Lectures, and Addresses.
Representative Men: Seven Lectures on PLATO, SWEDENBORG, MONTAIGNE, SHAKESPEARE, NAPOLEON, and Goethe.
Twenty Essays on Various Subjects.
The Conduct of Life.
FRANKLIN (Benjamin). Autoblography. Edited by J. Sparks.
HAWTHORNE (Nathaniel). Twicetold Tales. Two Vols.
Snow Image, and Other Tales.
House with the Seven Gables.
HAZLITT (W.). Table-talk: Essays on Men and Manners. Three Parts.
Plain Speaker: Opinions on Books, Men, and Things. Three Parts.
Lectures on the English Comic Writers.
Lectures on the English Poets. Lectures on the Characters of Shakespeare's Plays.
Lectures on the Literature of the Age of Elizabeth, chiefly Dramatic.
Price Is. in paper covers, and Is. 6d. in cloth.
I. BACON'S ESSAYS. With Introduction and Notes.
2. LESSING'S LAOKOON. Beasley's Translation, revised, with Introduction, Notes, &c., by Edward Bell, M.A. With Frontispiece.
3. DANTE'S INFERNO. Translated, with Notes, by Rev. H. F. Cary. 4. GOETHE'S FAUST. Part I. Translated, with Introduction, by
5. GOETHE'S BOYHOOD. Being Part I. of the Autobiography. Translated by J. Oxenford.
6. SCHILLER'S MARY STUART and THE MAID OF ORLEANS. Translated by J. Mellish and Anna Swanwick.
7. THE QUEEN'S ENGLISH. By the late Dean Alford.
8. LIFE AND LABOURS OF THE LATE THOMAS BRASSEY.
A. Helps, K.C.B.
9. PLATO'S DIALOGUES: The Apology-Crito-Phaedo--Protagoras.
10. MOLIÈRE'S PLAYS: The Miser-Tartuffe-The Shopkeeper turned Gentleman. Translated by C. H. Walt, M.A. With brief Memoir. 11. GOETHE'S REINEKE FOX, in English Hexameters. By A. Rogers. 12. OLIVER GOLDSMITH'S PLAYS.
13. LESSING'S PLAYS: Nathan the Wise-Minna von Barnhelm. 14. PLAUTUS'S COMEDIES: Trinummus
Menaechmi - Aulularia
With Preface and Notes by
Translated by C. Rann
18. OLIVER CROMWELL. By Dr. Reinhold Pauli.
19. THE PERFECT LIFE. By Dr. Channing. Edited by his nephew, Rev. W. H. Channing.
20. LADIES IN PARLIAMENT, HORACE AT ATHENS, and other pieces, by Sir George Otto Trevelyan, Bart.
21. DEFOE'S THE PLAGUE IN LONDON.
22. IRVING'S LIFE OF MAHOMET.
23. HORACE'S ODES, by various hands.
[Out of Print.
24. BURKE'S ESSAY ON 'THE SUBLIME AND BEAUTIFUL.'
25. HAUFF'S CARAVAN.
26. SHERIDAN'S PLAYS.
27. DANTE'S PURGATORIO. Translated by Cary.
28. HARVEY'S TREATISE ON THE CIRCULATION OF THE BLOOD. 29. CICERO'S FRIENDSHIP AND OLD AGE.
30. DANTE'S PARADISO. Translated by Cary.
31. CHRONICLE OF HENRY VIII. Translated by Major M. A. S.
32. BURKE'S REFLECTIONS ON THE FRENCH REVOLUTION.