« ПредишнаНапред »
“ death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall " there be any more pain : for the former things are
“ passed away.” Apoc. xxi. 3, 4. VII. That all things being thus accomplished, which are
necessary for the growth and perfection of the New Church, called the New Jerusalem, the divine favour and protection of the Lord will be continued therein to éternity.
LEMMA THE EIGHTH.
Of the Mystery of Redemption.
For the various propositions belonging to this subject, see n. 21,
Printed by R. &. W. DEAN, 33, Market-street-lane.
Postscript to the True Christian Religion.
I HAVE read what Dr. Ernesti has written about me in his Theological Work, p. 784, and have observed that it consists of mere aspersions against my person ; nor have I found a grain of reason therein against any one proposition or matter contained in my writings. Yet to attack a person with such poisoned daggers, is contrary to the laws of honour or honesty. Wherefore I esteem it as a proceeding unworthy of my character to enter into a contest with that celebrated man, in the way of which he has shewn the example, that is, by returning and rebutting reproachful language by reflections of the same kind : for this would be like two dogs barking and snarling at each other ; or like women of the lowest description, who in their disputes mutually cast dirt in each other's faces. Read, if you please, an account of the Arcana revealed by the Lord through me his servant, as
last Work, entitled True CHRISTIAN RELIGION, n. 8 46 to 851 ; and after that draw a conclusion, yet under the direction of reason, on the subject of my revelation.
Moreover against the sime Dr. Ernesti was written the Memorable Relation itserted in the aforementioned Work, called TRUE CHISTIAN RELIGION, n. 137; which may be consulted at pleasure.
A List of the Theological Works of the Honourable
1. ARCANA CLESTIA; or Heavenly Mysteries contained in the Sacred Scriptures, or Word of the Lord, manifested and laid open ; beginning with the Book of Genesis. Interspersed with Relations of wonderful things seen in the World of Spirits and the Heaven of Angels. In twelve Volumes octavo; vols. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8s. each-6, 7, 8, 68. 6d.-9, 10, 11, 12. gs.
2. True Christian Religion ; containing the Universal Theology of the New Church, which was foretold by the Lord, in Dan, vč. 13, 14, and in the Apocalypse xxi. 1, 2. 4to. !5s.
3. The Apocalypse Revealed; wherein are disclosed the Arcana there foretold, which have hitherto remained concealed, 2 vols. 8vo. 165.—To this work is prefixed an Address to the Clergy of Great Britain, by the Translator.
4. The Wisdom of Angels concerning Divine Love and Divine Wisdom, 8vo. 7s.
5. The Wisdom of Angels concerning the Divine Providence, 8vo. 8s. Second edition.
6. The Delights of Wisdom concerning Conjugial Love, 4to. 15$.
7. A Treatise concerning Heaven and Hell, and of the Wonderful Things therein, as heard and seen by E. Swedenborg, 8vo. 78.
8. Concerning the Earths in our Solar System, which are called Planets; and the Earths in the Starry Heavens ; together with an Account of their Inhabitants, and also of Spirits and Angels there, 2s. 6d.
9. A Treatise concerning the Last Judgment and the Destruction of Babylon ; shewing that all the Predictions contained in the Revelations are at this day fulfilled, 23. 6d.
A Continuation concerning the Last Judgment and the Spiritual World, ls,
10. A brief Exposition of the Doctrines of the New Church, which is meant by the New Jerusalem in the Revelations, 38
11. The Heavenly Docuine of the New Jerusalem concerning the Lord, 2s.
12. Concerning the sacred Scriptures, 25.-Concerning Faith, 19– Doctrine of Life, 13. Od.-Influx, 19. 6d, &c. &a