« ПредишнаНапред »
Practice of The
THE ORDERS REGULATING THE PRACTICE OF THE
HOUSE WITH REGARD TO PRIVATE BILLS.
193. No Private Bill shall be brought into this House, but upon a Petition Petition for Bill. which shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office, with a printed Copy of the proposed Bill annexed : And such Petition shall be signed by the Parties, or some of them, who are Suitors for the Bill.
193a. No Bill, originating in this House, for confirming a Provisional First reading of Order or Provisional Certificate shall be read the First Time after Provisional Order
194. ALL Bills promoted by the London County Council, containing power Procedure in case of to raise Money, by the creation of stock cr on loan, shall be introduced as
Bills promoted by
the London County Public Bills ; but after being read a Second Time by The House, shall be Council. referred to a Select Committee to be nominated by the Committee of Selection, in like manner as Private Bills.
But this Order shall not apply to a Bill promoted by the London County Council for the borrowing of money, which complies with the following conditions :
(1.) If it authorises the borrowing and expenditure for the purposes mentioned in the Bill of the sum shown by the estimates recited in the preamble to be required for each such purpose, that purpose being the execution of a power conferred or extended either by the Bill, or by some public, local, or personal Act;
Provided that the Bill may authorise the borrowing and expenditure for any purpose for which estimates are not recited in the preamble, if it fixes a maximum aggregate sum to be so borrowed, and requires every such borrowing to be sanctioned by the Local Government Board ;
(2.) If it is so framed as not to authorise the borrowing and expenditure of any money after the financial period, that is to say, the period ending on the 30th day of September next after the expiration of the then current financial year of the Council ;
(3.) If it is so framed as to provide for the money borrowed being repaid, whether by the creation of a sinking fund, or the redemption of stock, or otherwise, within the period fixed by the Bill, or if the borrowing is sanctioned by the Local Government Board fixed by that Board, and the Committee or Board in fixing the period for the repay. ment of money borrowed for any work shall not fix any period which is in their opinion disproportionate to the duration of such work, and shall in no case fix a period exceeding that prescribed by any public Act relating thereto, or if no period is so prescribed exceeding sixty years ;
(4.) If in the case of any Bill conferring or extending any power involving the expenditure of money after the financial period, the recited estimates show the total amount of money required for the execution of the power as well as the particular amount to be borrowed
and expended during the financial period. 1940. WHERE any Act has conferred upon the London County Council London County any power involving the expenditure of money for any purpose after the Council Money then current financial period, or has extended any such power, it shall not be competent for the Committee on any Bill authorising the borrowing and expenditure of money for the same purpose during a subsequent financial period, except in pursuance of an express instruction from 'The House, to
Practice of The
reduce the total amount of money shown by the estimates recited in such Act to be required for the execution of the power.
Regulations as to
1946. A Bill complying with the conditions specified in Standing Order 194, if it contains no powers or provisions except in relation to and consequential on the borrowing and expenditure of money, or in relation to the Consolidated Loans Fund, or to borrowing by the Council, shall be subject to the following requirements, that is to say :
(1.) The Petition for the Bill, with the declaration and printed copy of the Bill annexed, shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office on or before the 14th day of April, or the first day on which The House shall re-assemble after the Easter Recess, whichever shall be the later, instead of the 17th day of December in the previous year;
(2.) Notice of such Bill shall be published in the months of February aud March, or either of them, instead of in the months of October and November in the previous year ;
(3.) Copies of the Bill shall be deposited with the Treasury and the Local Government Board on or before the day on which the Petition for the Bill is deposited in the Private Bill Office;
(4.) The Bill shall as soon as may be after the deposit of the Petition be presented for first reading, and shall, after the first reading, be referred to the Examiner, who shall give Two clear days' notice at the Private Bill Office of the day appointed for the examination thereof, and the Bill shall not be read a second time until the Examiner has reported whether the preceding requirements of this Order have been complied with;
(5.) Whenever the Bill is amended at any stage, a copy of the Bill as so amended shall be forthwith deposited with the Treasury and the Local Government Board ;
(6.) The Tables accompanying the Bill, as required by Section 12 of “ The Metropolitan Board of Works Loans Act, 1875," shall be made up to the 31st day of March preceding the last day allowed for the deposit of the Bill, and if printed copies of those Tables have been deposited in the Private Bill Office, and at the Vote Office, and with the Treasury and Local Government Board, at least One clear day before the Second Reading of the Bill, it shall be sufficient if those Tables are prefixed to the Bill as brought up for Second Reading in this House.
38 & 39 Vict. c. 65.
1940. No Bill promoted by the London County Council shall authorise any alteration of the mode of dealing with the Consolidated Loans Fund, or of borrowing by the Council, unless a report of the Treasury on the proposed alteration is presented to The House and referred to the Committee on the Bill. The Committee shall consider the report, and way, if they think fit, hear the officers of the Treasury. If the Committee disagree with the report, they shall report the fact to the House, with the reasons of their disagreement.
194d. In the case of any Bill promoted by the London County Council authorizing the borrowing and expenditure of money, if there is presented to The House and referred to the Committee on the Bill a report from the Local Government Board or Treasury with respect to the Bill or to the borrowing by the County Council and the management of the Consolidated Loans Fund during the previous financial year, the Committee shall report specially to The House in what manner the matters contained in such report have been dealt with by the Committee, and any circumstances arising out of such report which, in the opinion of the Committee, it is desirable that The House should be informed of. If no such report is referred to the Committee, the Committee shall report the fact to The House.
194e. The estimates recited in any Bill promoted by the London County Council shall be supported by such plans and specifications as the Committee Estimates recited
in London County
Practice of The
195. All Private Bills shall, on the day previous to the day fixed for Deposit of Private their being laid upon the Table of The House, be deposited in the Private Bills. Bill Office, and shall be laid, by one of the Clerks of that Office, on the Table of The House, together with a list of such Bills. 196. WHERE the Examiner has endorsed the Petition for a Private Bill Presentation of
Private Bills. “ Standing Orders complied with,” the Bill shall be presented by being laid on the Table of The House not later than One clear Day after such endorsement, or if when it is endorsed The House is not sitting, then not later than one clear Day after the first sitting thereof subsequent to such endorsement, and if The House is not sitting on the latest Day on which the Bill ought to be laid on the Table of The House, then the Bill shall be so laid on the First Day on which The House again sits.
Where the Examiner has reported with respect to any Private Bill that the Standing Orders have not been complied with, and the Report has been referred to the Select Committee on Standing Orders, and the Select Committee on Standing Orders have reported that the Standing Orders ought to be dispensed withi, the Bill shall be presented by being laid on the Table of The House not later than one clear Day after The House has given leave to the parties to proceed with the Bill.
197. A PRIVATE Bill shall, when laid on the Table of The House, be Bill deemea to be deemed to have been read a First Time and ordered to be read a Second read a First Time. Time, or referred to the Examiners, as the case may be, on the day on which it is so laid, and shall be recorded in the Votes as having been so read.
198. No Petition for additional Provision in any Private Bill will be Petition for addireceived by this House, unless a printed Copy of the proposed Clauses be tional Provision. annexed thereto.
199. All Reports of the Examiner of Petitions for Private Bills, in which Reports of he shall report that the Standing Orders have not been complied with, and Examiner to bo all Special Reports of the said Examiner, shall be referred to the Select mittee on Standing Committee on Standing Orders.
200. All Petitions praying that any of the Sessional or Standing Orders Petitions for Disof The House relating to Private Bills may be dispensed with, and all pensation, &c. to be Petitions for the re-insertion of Petitions for Private Bilis in the General mittee on Standing List of Petitions, and all Petitions opposing the same, shall be presented to Orders. this House by depositing the same in the Private Bill Office ; and every such Petition, so deposited, shall stand referred to the Select Committee on Standing Orders.
200a. WHERE a Bill having been brought in on Motion (not being a Bill to When Standing confirm a Provisional Order or Certificate) is read the first time, and ordered Orders applicablo to be read a second time, on a day appointed, and it appears that the Standing on Motion are not Orders relative to Private Bills may be applicable to the Bill, the Examiners complied with, of Petitions for Private Bills shall examine the Bill with respect to com- relating to the Bill, pliance with the Standing Orders, and shall proceed and report forth with, discharged. and the Order of the Day relating to the Bill shall not be affected thereby ; but if the Examiner report that any Standing Order applicable to the Bill has not been complied with, and the Select Committee on Standing Orders report that such Standing Order ought not to be dispensed with, the Order of the Day relating to the Bill shall be discharged.
201. EVERY Private Bill, printed on paper, of a size to be determined Printed Bill to be upon by Mr. Speaker, shall be presented to The House, with a Cover of presented. Parchment attached to it, upon which the Title of the Bill is to be written; and the short Title of the Bill, as first entered on the Votes, shall correspond with that at the head of the Advertisement.